A refreshing Jasmine Green Tea Lemonade is just what I need on a warm and humid day like we’ve been having lately. It seems that we’ve skipped spring and moved right into summer this year. I first had this delicious drink at Samovar in the Yerba Buena Gardens of San Francisco last year and have been on a quest to create it at home ever since. I’ve come pretty close and it’s certainly easier than driving into the city! This addictive floral iced tea is barely sweetened with coconut sugar, agave nectar or honey and flavored with fresh lemon.
- 12 Jasmine Green Tea bags OR ¼ cup Jasmine Green Tea Pearls
- 6 cups filtered water
- ¼ – ½ cup coconut sugar, agave nectar, honey or natural sweetener of choice to taste
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add the sugar to the water and bring it to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Let the water cool about 5 minutes before steeping the tea. Steep the tea bags or pearls in the water/sugar mixture for 10 minutes (or follow the steeping time on your brand of tea).
- Remove the tea leaves or tea bags and stir in the lemon juice.
- Chill completely in the refrigerator and serve over ice.