I am happy to have the honor of hosting the We Should Cocoa challenge group this month! The We Should Cocoa challenge, managed by Choclette of Chocolate Log Blog, is a great excuse to be creative and make a chocolate treat each month. We can use any sort of chocolate or cocoa substance and use any ingredient that we like, but we must include the special ingredient or theme selected by the host. Last month’s challenge was hosted by Elizabeth of Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary and the theme was Chocolate Ice Cream & Toppings. If you haven’t yet seen the wonderful entries she had, please check out her roundup.
This month I am having you work with one of my very favorite combinations – marshmallow and chocolate! I love marshmallows, both homemade and store-bought, and they go especially well with chocolate. One of my favorite candy bars is nothing but a nutty marshmallow bar coated in mint chocolate. In addition to being eaten as candy, marshmallow can be used as an ingredient to make fudge, frosting or even fondant. It comes in a variety of sizes and consistencies such as the mini puffs, regular or jumbo sized campfire marshmallows as well as softer varieties such as marshmallow sauce and marshmallow fluff. There are even artisan/gourmet flavored marshmallows available these days. If you own a candy thermometer, you can even make your own specialty marshmallows at home. Have fun with this challenge and I look forward to seeing all the recipes you have to share with me!
If you need some inspiration, here are some ideas to get you started:
How to enter:
- Post your recipe on your blog – accompanying photographs would be nice. Make sure you have permission to use any photos that are not your own.
- Mention “We Should Cocoa” in your post and link back to me, Rebecca of BakeNQuilt.com as this month’s host, and to Choclette of Chocolate Log Blog.
- Please use the We Should Cocoa logo in your post.
Link your recipe by midnight the 25th August using the linky below.
- If you use Twitter, please tweet with the hashtag #weshouldcocoa
- Please feel free to add your entry to the We Should Cocoa group board on Pinterest. If you are not already a member and would like to join, please ask Choclette.
- A round-up of your delicious entries will be posted here, BakeNQuilt.com, after the challenge posting date.
For more details about these challenges, please visit We Should Cocoa.