We Should Cocoa: Hot Cocoa Bunnies
Recipe type: Dessert
- For the Bunnies
- 8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped (do not use chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- For the hot chocolate
- ⅔ cup hot milk
- 1 bunny
- For the bunnies:
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, combine the chopped chocolate, cream, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Stir constantly until the mixture is melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon chocolate into a silicone mold. Tap mold to release air bubbles. Refrigerate for an hour to firm up.
- Remove chocolate from the mold and keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To make hot chocolate:
- Heat ⅔ cup of milk to a simmer and pour it into your hot chocolate cup. Add one bunny and let sit for a minute to soften. Stir well until the chocolate is fully incorporated into the milk.
Molds come in many different sizes. You may need to experiment with the amount of milk per shape to get a ratio that you enjoy.
Recipe by BakeNQuilt at http://www.bakenquilt.com/2014/04/we-should-cocoa-hot-cocoa-bunnies/