1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Prepare your favorite pie crust (or prepare as directed on a store-bought package of pie crust) and place it in a 9-inch pie pan. Keep the crust refrigerated until needed.
3. Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well-combined.
4. In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp of the flour with the chocolate chips and nuts and stir until all the nuts and chocolate chips are coated with flour. This will help keep them from sinking to the bottom of the pie as it bakes.
5. Add the remaining flour and the salt to the batter and mix gently, just until combined.
6. Add the nuts and chocolate chips to the batter and mix gently, just until combined.
7. Spread the dough into the crust and place in the middle of the preheated oven. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pie comes out clean. You may need to cover the crust edges halfway through baking if the crust startes to get too brown.
8. Cool the pie to room temperature before serving.